On June 18, the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA), along with
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), Pace and Metra, will join with public
transportation systems nationwide to participate in the Fourth Annual
National Dump the Pump Day. Sponsored by the American Public
Transportation Association (APTA), the 2009 National Dump the Pump Day
encourages people to ride public transportation.
- Using public transportation saves 900,000 automobile fill-ups each day
— 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline per year.
- Switching to public transportation helps reduce individual carbon
emissions by 4,800 pounds per year.
- For every $1 invested in public transportation infrastructure, $6 is
generated in economic returns to communities.
Please invite people you know to use public transportation. Try CTA, Pace or Metra. To welcome new riders and thank our regular riders, Transit Ambassadors will be available at:
- 95th/Dan Ryan Red Line
- Rosemont Blue Line Station
- CTA Clark/Lake
- Union Station
- Route 59/Naperville-Aurora Metra Station
Join us on June 18 to take public transit and encourage everyone to join you.