Friday, June 26, 2009

New Transportation Options Intern

Now that I’ve settled in, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dan Stefiuk and I will be taking over the Transportation Options Intern position formerly held by Beth Sholtis. I would like to thank Beth for her work promoting cycling and transportation alternatives here at UIC. I am excited to continue events that she helped establish and I look forward to working with key members of the university to encourage cycling and transportation alternatives at UIC.

Chicago is the setting for one of the nation’s best cycling communities and UIC has the potential to benefit from that. As an avid cyclist and commuter I am excited to see what can be done to improve the cycling experience in and around campus for students/staff/faculty.

People are often hesitant to commute by bike, or any other alternative form of transit, due to a variety of reasons. I would like to offer my assistance to anyone interested in planning their commute. If you’d like to explore your options for a more sustainable commute, or are simply interested in learning on how to safely cycle in the Chicago, please feel free to contact me at UIC’s Office of Sustainability (312.413.1845) . With a little planning and initiative we can help improve the cycling and transit experience at UIC.

No comments: