Name: Mike Queroz
Position: Social Media intern
Department: Office of Sustainability at the University of Illinois at Chicago
Major: Communication, career goal in the field of Public Relations
Other affiliations on campus:
- Vice-President of the Undergraduate Student Government here at UIC
- Entertainment writer for HerCampus UIC (online women's magazine)
- Building leadership skills
- Being involved in a variety of different activities
- Social Media (obviously; follow me on Twitter [personal tweets too])
- Mainstream music enthusiast and analyzer
- the Entertainment world
Through my work in the Undergraduate Student Government, I've been exposed to a whole new world of green efforts. I helped push the Green Fee initiative by designing and producing flyers for publicity. I try my best to provide a helping hand in any green movements around campus.
Personally, I realize the impact that sustainability efforts have on our environment, especially at UIC. It is my hope to further my knowledge of sustainable efforts around UIC and share the ways of possible implantation with students.
I'd like to thank the Office of Sustainability for giving me this great opportunity to advance my career and life skills!