Friday, November 4, 2011

UIC Receives Award for Environmental Protection

I was proud to accept the 25th Annual Governor's Sustainability Award for 2011 last week, on October 27.

UIC was recognized for its commitment to improving the environmental health and sustainability of Illinois. We were one of 19 first-time winners, along with 4 other colleges and universities. In his recognition letter, Governor Quinn wrote that "implementing energy efficiency upgrades, fuel savings, pollution and waste reductions, and other sustainability improvements requires vision, strong leadership, and the dedication of individuals throughout an organization. I applaud your prioritization of these important objectives and your accomplishments in these areas."

I would like to thank the Chancellor and VCAS for their support in these initiatives and thank the entire campus community for its participation. This award is a recognition of all our efforts.

Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

letubeu.com said...

Cindy, that is awesome! Congrats to UIC and your department. I look forward to future volunteer opportunities to help make UIC more environmentally friendly.
Where do you plan on showing off the award? :)