The Office of Sustainability is seeking student support for UIC’s Recycling Program. We are hiring current undergraduate students for the position of Recycling Assistant for 10-15 hr/week during the semester and 35-40 hr/week during the summer. Work hours will be scheduled between 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Responsibilities include:
- Generating awareness of and promoting both recycling and conservation programs on campus
- Monitoring of recycling bins’ location, condition and signage
- Installation and placement of bins in existing and new locations
- Maintenance of records on recycled materials
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Strong interest in learning about and promoting recycling.
- Ability to manage data in Microsoft Excel.
- Physical ability to lift 75 pounds. Need a valid Illinois Driver's license.
Interested applicants, please submit resume and COVER LETTER to Cindy Klein-Banai, Associate Chancellor for Sustainability at email@example.com.