The Office of Sustainability seeks a graduate assistant to support bike planning efforts on the UIC campus. Dates of appointment are approximately for the Spring Semester 2013, with option for renewal. This appointment will be for 50% time with a monthly stipend. Base tuition and service fee waiver are included with this assistantship; it does not cover the tuition differentials and other student fees.
The main duties of the appointment will be to help evaluate, prioritize and implement key recommendations from the League of American Bicyclists Fall 2012 Report for UIC. Job duties could include: develop recommendations for a range of classes, workshops, outreach/education materials and events; draft bicycle guidelines; assist the Bicycle Advisory Committee; data collection; survey development and analysis. This position will work very closely with Office of Sustainability staff and other campus administrators.
- Familiarity with cycling on campus and in the city
- Knowledge of bicycle planning and infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of urban planning best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Graduation date no sooner than December 2013
· Preferred: Has taken at least one ArcGIS course at UIC or equivalent
Please send resume and cover letter to Kate Yoshida, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications begins Jan. 7, applications accepted until Jan. 14, 2013.