Friday, May 3, 2013
Summer/Fall 2013: UIC Office of Sustainability Internship
Posted by sarah at 1:41 PM
The UIC Office of Sustainability is hiring an intern to support the outreach and engagement initiatives aligned with the Office’s mission.
Aim of Internship: Familiarize students interested in urban sustainability with issues common to many universities, including: bicycle planning, community engagement, energy conservation & efficiency, recycling/composting, and peer-to-peer training programs. The intern’s main responsibilities will be to assist with planning and logistics of events on campus and community engagement via social media.
· Interest in, demonstrated experience with, or coursework relating to any sustainability issue(s)
· Excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal communication
· Good organizational skills, excellent attention for detail
· Ability to work independently, based on instructions from office staff, with minimal supervision
· Capacity to learn and use web-based tools including social media (Facebook, Twitter) and content-management systems; prior experience with social media is important
· Familiarity with office productivity software (MS Office required, Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
· Ability to work 10 hours per week in the Office of Sustainability
Compensation: $8.50/hr. minimum
Please email a cover letter and resume to Kate Yoshida email@example.com by Friday, May 10.